2007/11/05

Go with the flow in Trier, Germany: my kinda travel guide..

OK - so without any help of guidebook, here is what I came across and what I found myself enjoying in this pretty town of Trier, the oldest city in Germany (as they claim themselves), which I knew absolutely nothing about until I got here two days ago:

Staying at a clean and economical Youth Hostel located in a tranquil neighborhood just by the Mosel River and jog in the morning; visiting Karl Marx Museum (his birthplace) and only to find how lucky I was to have survived the world history class back in high school time 15+ years ago; visiting UNESCO World Heritages of Roman ruins and hearing the Trier Cathedral tolling at 18 o'clock; dining at bistros and wine cellar exquisite foods with some flavor of French cuisines over dry Mosel-Saar-Ruwer wine; listening to an oboist playing a glorious tune of "Ave Maria" and male-duo singing and playing accordions in a beautiful harmony on the street; spending hours - I mean, "HOURS" or "the whole afternoon" - at a pretty cafe where you can indulge yourself with a big piece of “Flockensahne” (a cream puff cake cafe) over two cups of coffee (ok - I would be honest, plus a few glasses of local wine), reading one of the most amusing yet reflective books to read on the road - "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert...












It was not that I had no interest in Luxembourg (which I was originally planning to visit for two days), but I guess I've got enough to justify my not-at-all planned three day-stay here.

0 件のコメント: