2007/10/14

Random quotes to remember the stay in Stockholm...



"Now at my age (mid-thirty), I feel like it is time for me to give and share something with others, instead of getting something for myself."

"Sayaka, we are not tourists. We are travellers."

"When people tell me they are jealous of me doing this travel, I always ask them a question, what about you? why don't you do it? Most people say many excuses for not doing the same, but it is their decision, it is their choice! In the end, realistically speaking, most people are afraid of losing what they have now or do not wish to risk it. But I make my decisions. Because this is my life and I know I am responsible for whatever I decide to do. We are brave, sayaka. You and I are brave to say "No" to what we've got; such as work, income, apartment, family, etc."

"Why did so many people have to die and I survived? (referring to her Tsunami experience) Ever since that time, I am always looking for the meaning of life. And I also try to enjoy every moment, every minute of my life - this is why I keep on traveling.

(All quotes made by a lady from Taiwan I met in Stockholm YH, a survivor of the Tsunami in Indonedia in Dec 2004, a life-time traveler with her own business, and one of the most beautiful persons I've met who seem to know what life is all about)

"Photography 'was invented' out of a desire to reproduce the world we see about us. It arises from the interplay of light, optics, technology and people - both observing and observed. The presence of photographer results in an image that appear to freeze a moment of reality."

(From the "Images in Time" exhibition at Nordic Museum in Stockholm, photographs from the Nordiska musee archives)

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

(This is a comment to "Do you enjoy my blog")

Dear, I didn't vote.
Imagine yourself as a pianist. You play in a big hall, there are maybe no audience, there are maybe full. But you shouldn't care, the music is yours, once you concentrate on your soul, you got full audience in the hall!

I enjoyed your blog a lot!
No obligations, enjoy your own musics!
Oh right, you are the traveler. ;-)
Hugs,
Zhuan

タコボウズ さんのコメント...

Hey hey!

Do you really think that I care how big the audience is?? :-) Take this survey just as a joke: I thought some options could amuse some readers. :-) I can play the piano alone with nobody listening in a big hall, you know that, right? Yes, I chose to be a lonely pianist and a traveller..